Mixon Fruit Farms, Inc.
Dean Mixon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2712 26th Avenue, East
Bradenton, FL 34208-7427
Mixon Fruit Farms has been a family business since 1939 when it was started by Rosa and Willie Mixon. William P. Mixon, Sr. started the store in the wooden lean-to and grew it by delivering fresh fruit and juice to the Dixie Grand Hotel in downtown Bradenton. The original twenty acre mom and pop fruit stand grew into 350 acres of lush groves of the areas finest citrus. Today's Mixon Fruit Farms, however, is quite a bit different from the first "store". From the store's peak in 1991, 250 acres have been sold to development, while Mixon Fruit Farms leases back 75 of those, leaving about 175 in production.
The store now has a propane-powered tram that can hold 65 visitors as it meanders the 20-acre site, offering a glimpse of the entire operation. Fifteen years ago, fudge began to be sold on site, joining citrus candy and the popular vanilla and orange swirl soft-serve ice cream station. The Mixons also opened a sandwich and soup deli in the north part of the store. And a big seller is the store's kettle corn.